I will test the hypothesis that commenting on other people’s blogs increase visibility of, and thus increase traffic to, my own blog.
- For week one, I will not visit nor comment on any new blog.
- Week two, I will visit and comment on a post of 1 blog that I have not seen before every day.
- Week three, 2 blogs every day.
- Week four, 4 blogs everyday.
- Week five, back to 0 blog.
- Week six, still 0 blog.
- Average overall traffic to my blog for each week, and compare the average (and standard deviation, etc).
I chose to do this over the course of a week because there may be significant fluctuation in overall traffic throughout the week.
Week five and six is to show that how sustainable the traffic is after discontinued commenting.
I will read the post in entirety and write a meaningful, 2-line response to it. I will pick a post at random, using WordPress’ “random post” function. I will find which ever blog on wordpress.com that interest me. I don’t think there’s a “random blog” function 😦
More about this experiment on next Friday morning then!